Below are the topics that you will read about in this blog:
What is AWS SysOps Administrator?
Before getting into the details of the several roles and responsibilities of AWS Certified SysOps Administrators, let’s try to understand who they are. These professionals are present in the entire life cycle of any cloud project. They are mainly responsible for deploying, managing, and operating various required systems on the given AWS platform. Besides, these professionals are also responsible for maintaining and managing their organizations’ AWS infrastructure. Moreover, they also optimize companies’ costs and manage respective bills.
Watch this comprehensive video tutorial on AWS SysOps Administrator Certification:
Now that you have briefly understood about these professionals, let’s discuss their several job roles and responsibilities in detail.
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Responsibilities
The main highlight of any career opportunity, including that of AWS SysOps Administrators, is directly related to their roles and responsibilities. This is basically the same as the job description of these professionals.
The main responsibility of an AWS Administrator is to configure cloud management services on AWS in the organization. Further, as an AWS Administrator, you need to manage and monitor numerous AWS services involved. Following are some of the additional, yet significant, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator roles:
- Learn the metrics and also monitor the overall usage of several AWS resources with the help of Amazon CloudWatch
- Maintain the backups of these resources via regular on-premises backups with the help of different AWS services
- Reduce the production time necessary via AWS CloudFormation skills to deploy the infrastructure for automation
- Make necessary improvements in resources and also work on resource tagging to designate plans and costs for governance, reporting, and budgeting
- Build and manage Bastion Hosts, C2S access points, and VPC
- Efficiently monitor the development and billing of several strategies for cost optimization
Some of the other significant roles of these professionals include:
- Managing the complete AWS life cycle, along with security, provisioning, and automation
- Administrating and establishing the architecture of multi-tier systems
- Fine-tuning and configuring various cloud infrastructures
- Performing services such as kernel patching, errata patching, and software upgrades
- Creating backups and managing disaster recovery
- Maintaining access control, as well as the integrity of data, throughout the platform of the AWS application
- Effectively monitoring performance degree and its availability
To acquire the necessary skills and gain the abilities to fulfill all the responsibilities of an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, you must register for an online AWS SysOps training. This will help you find a high-paying job in this domain and also assist you in the success and growth of your career.
Further, you will read about the numerous job roles and opportunities available for these professionals.
AWS SysOps Administrator Jobs
There are numerous job opportunities available for these AWS certified professionals across the world. Some of these job profiles include:
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- AWS Admin
- Senior SysOps Administrator
- AWS Solutions Engineer
- Server Administrator
- DevOps Engineer
- AWS Cloud Admin
- AWS Architect
- Cloud Engineer
- AWS Certified Full Stack Engineer
These are just a few of the most popular and demanding job opportunities available for AWS certified professionals. Let’s now check out the organizations that are looking to hire these professionals.
Companies Hiring AWS SysOps Professionals
Following are the organizations that are hiring AWS certified professionals:
- IndusInd Bank
- Larsen & Toubro
To assume an AWS job role in any of the leading organizations mentioned above, you need to have a well-prepared AWS SysOps Administrator resume. With Intellipaat’s training, you will get assistance in preparing your resume and finding a lucrative job in one of these top companies.
Now, you will get an in-depth understanding of the AWS SysOps examination.
AWS SysOps Administrator Exam
In this AWS SysOps exam, there are a few abilities and qualities that are evaluated. Some of the abilities this examination tests include the following:
- Operating, managing, and deploying AWS systems with features such as availability, high-scalability, and fault tolerance
- Controlling and implementing data flow from and to AWS
- Appropriately selecting respective AWS services in terms of data, computation, and security
- Identifying the exact use of selected AWS operations
- Estimating the usage cost of AWS
- Transferring data and information from on-premises databases to the AWS cloud
Following are the details regarding this examination:
- Time duration: 130 minutes
- Exam format: Multiple-choice questions
- Cost of examination: US$150
- Number of questions: 55-60 questions
You have got an overview of the AWS SysOps examination. Now, you will learn about various reasons why you must take up this certification.
Reasons to Go for an AWS SysOps Administrator Certification
I am sure you must be thinking about the reasons why you must become an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator. Let’s get into those reasons.
As per the IT Skills and Salary Report by Global’s Knowledge, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate is among the highest-paid certified professionals.
Unlike most certifications with a primary focus on generally a single-service technology such as MySQL, Hadoop, and more, AWS certifications cover a plethora of AWS services. These certifications assist you in understanding the concepts and services of networking, storage, and processing that play an important role in organizations.
Another important reason why you must consider taking up this certification and becoming an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator is that they are one of the highest-paid IT professionals today. Let’s get a detailed understanding of how much these professionals earn on a yearly basis.
AWS SysOps Administrator Salary
As per Indeed, the average salary of AWS Certified SysOps Administrators ranges from US$48,321 to about US$127,064 per annum in the United States based on their roles and the organizations that they work for.
According to Glassdoor, the average income of these professionals in India is approximately ₹711,000 per year, and it may rise to ₹1,170,000 based on the level of position and experience.
The main aim of this blog is to help you understand in-depth about the AWS SysOps Administrator Certification. Here, you have got a basic understanding of who these professionals are and what their main roles and responsibilities are. You also read about the range of job opportunities available for professionals in this domain once they get certified. Additionally, you got an idea about the examination and why you should get certified as an AWS SysOps Administrator. In the end, you got a gist of the salary range of these professionals.
To clear any doubts regarding AWS and its certifications, you can check out AWS Community!